Are you ready to engage with loyal and new website visitors in exciting ways by starting a podcast?
Podcasting is a great way to deliver audio or video messages to your audience through a feed. And best of all, while you can host a podcast without a website, using WordPress opens up all sorts of ways to grow your subscriber list and reach a wider audience.
In this post, we’re going to be comparing the best WordPress podcasting plugins so you can see all of your options in one place and make a quick decision.
What is the best WordPress podcasting plugin?
- Fuse box – The most customizable podcasting plugin in terms of design. Plus, it’s a feature-rich solution that you can use to build a thriving podcast audience.
- Simple podcast press – A lead generating podcast plugin with a Smart Track Player that allows you to highlight specific podcasts for your viewers.
- PowerPress from Blubrry – A podcasting plugin developed by podcasters for podcasters that has everything you need to create and publish podcasts and reach a wider audience.
- Seriously simple podcasting – The simplest podcasting plugin solution on this list; Commissioning requires minimal effort and is 100% free.
- Lisbyn Publisher Hub – A handy podcast plugin that allows you to draft, podcast and post from the WordPress dashboard, but which requires an external hosting account.
- Buzzsprout podcasting – The perfect podcasting solution for users with a buzzsprout feed who want to embed episodes in pages and posts.
- Podlove Podcast Publisher – A great podcast plugin for those who need an organized way to structure podcast episodes.
# 1 – fuse box
Fusebox is a comprehensive podcasting plugin that has everything you need to run a successful podcast, plus amazing customization options.
With Fusebox you can configure multiple playback speeds and customize the player with custom colors to suit your theme. Additionally, the Fusebox Transcript plugin, as a complement to the podcast plugin, lets you view notes for an SEO boost, allow viewers to scan episodes, and even improve your website’s accessibility. Features such as automatic library updates and listening to visitor podcasts while browsing your website are unique to this plugin.
- Social sharing, email subtitles, and downloadable PDF features
- Mobile design that adapts to the screen size and device type
- Timestamp is floating
- Custom sorting of podcast episodes
- Light and dark themes to match your site
Pricing: Fusebox is free to use but has limited features. For things like email capture, custom colors, volume control, and social sharing, you’ll need the Pro version of Fusebox, which is $ 8 a month.
# 2 – Simple podcast press
Simple Podcast Press is an easy-to-use podcasting plugin for WordPress that will help you grow your audience.
Perfect for users with existing Apple Podcasts or SoundCloud accounts, Simple Podcast Press offers easy-to-read transcripts, one-click tweets, and Apple Podcasts reviews. In addition, this podcasting plugin is fully automatic so you can focus on creating and publishing more episodes for your viewers.
It also has features like easy social sharing to grow an audience, customizable player buttons, and unique page builder for each podcast episode.
- Automatic URL shortening
- Clickable time stamp
- Built-in mobile player for small screens and devices
- Compatible with all major browsers
- Automatic publication on your WordPress website
Pricing: For a single site license, Simple Podcast Press is available for $ 67 per year.
# 3 – PowerPress from Blubrry
Blubrry’s PowerPress is a long-standing podcasting plugin for WordPress that allows you to create a podcast in three easy steps: create, upload, and publish.
This easy-to-use podcasting plugin includes handy audio and video players with support for embedding websites like YouTube. You can create a custom subscription page using Blubrry’s exclusive shortcode and even use the subscription sidebar widget for maximum exposure. There are also import and export tools, the option to create multiple podcast feeds, and useful SEO settings that will help your podcast be found in search results.
- Integrated social sharing functions
- Simple and advanced modes for beginners and experts
- Support for Apple Podcasts and Google Play Music
- Integrated podcast statistics
- Support for multiple formats – MP3, M4A, M4V (video), MP4 (video) and PDF (text)
Pricing: PowerPress is a free plugin that doesn’t require Blubrry hosting unless you want to. If you want to use Blubrry hosting plans start at $ 12 / month.
# 4 – Seriously Simple Podcasting
Seriously Simple Podcasting claims to be a top notch podcasting plugin for WordPress beginners, making it one of the best solutions for first-time podcasters.
This plugin comes with hassle-free settings that only take a few minutes to configure. This allows you to run multiple podcasts from a single website and provide each with their own RSS feed. Also, you can view a podcast list, a single episode, or entire podcast lists that all visitors to your website can see anywhere on your WordPress website using shortcodes and widgets.
- Manage all podcasts right in the WordPress dashboard
- Collect statistics with the free “Seriously Simple Stats” plugin
- Create audio or video podcasts – or both!
- Customize the embedded media player
- Create password-protected RSS feeds for premium content
Pricing: Seriously Simple Podcasting is 100% free and always will be.
# 5 – Lisbyn Publisher Hub
Lisbyn Publisher Hub is a solution intended only for Lisbyn subscribers. However, you can easily publish podcasts from your WordPress site directly to your Lisbyn hosting account.
With this plugin, your media files will be hosted at Lisbyn and your RSS feed will also be generated by Lisbyn. This results in better protection between your web hosting provider and your podcast host.
In addition, Lisbyn can host and distribute video, PDF, text and audio files for you. Another notable feature of Lisbyn Publisher Hub is the fact that you can add custom thumbnail and widescreen episode graphics.
- Connect to favorite podcast platforms like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and more
- Monetize your podcasts by offering subscriptions to premium content
- Publish podcasts right now or schedule them for later
- Custom mobile apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices
- Add download links under your media player
Pricing: Lisbyn Publisher Hub hosting plans start at $ 5 per month for 50MB of monthly storage and an unlimited audience base.
# 6 – Buzzsprout Podcasting
Buzzsprout Podcasting has a simple interface that allows podcast episodes to be instantly pulled from your Buzzsprout feed. You have the option to embed them in any WordPress post or site.
With full support for Apple Podcasts, a post-migration tool, and a free Buzzsprout account to host podcast episodes, this podcasting plugin will help you grow your audience base and keep loyal fans. You can also run your RSS feed via FeedBurner, display counting statistics for viewers and have the plugin automatically update each time a new episode is published.
- Easy to use shortcodes for embedding episodes on the WordPress site
- HTML5 media player
- Automatic audio optimization when uploading
- Sync episodes with directories like Stitcher, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and more
- Extended podcast statistics
Pricing: You can use the Buzzsprout Podcast free of charge for 2 hours of upload per month. Premium plans start at $ 12 per month for additional hours of upload.
# 7 – Podlove Podcast Publisher
Podlove Podcast Publisher is a great WordPress podcast plugin for those who need an advanced solution that offers numerous options for organizing a growing library of podcast episodes.
You can manage multiple podcasts on your website and support formats like MP4 AAC, MP3, Vorbis, Opus and more. There is also support for posting chapter information in the player, making the viewing experience better than ever. In addition, you can link directly to any part of your podcast and enable instant playback of episodes.
- Ready-made templates for designing a beautiful media player
- Support for audio and video podcasts
- Integrated subscription buttons under the player
- Integrated and powerful analysis
- HTML5 compatible web player with touch support
Pricing: Podlove Podcast Publisher is completely free to use.
And there you have it! The best podcasting plugins for WordPress to help you create, publish, and view podcasts for your loyal fans.
If you need a powerful podcasting plugin for WordPress, Fusebox with most of the design options built in, or PowerPress from Blubrry, which is designed by podcasters for podcasters and has all the features, the best bets that a successful podcast may need to run.
If you’re on a tight budget, Seriously Simple Podcasting, Podlove Podcasting Publisher, or PowerPress from Blubrry can be used for free, but they don’t lack the features department.
For those who don’t want to create podcasts often or want a simpler solution that doesn’t take long to configure, Buzzsprout Podcasting is a great choice. This also works if you want to host your media files separately from your WordPress web server, as does Lisbyn Publisher Hub.
With podcasting growing in popularity with website owners and viewers, it’s now better than ever to start your own podcast through your WordPress website and a compatible podcasting plugin. Just make sure to evaluate your goals in terms of your podcast and audience so that you choose the best option for your needs.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that we may pay a small commission when you make a purchase.