Forms are an important element of any website.
Be it the good old contact form, lead generation forms, order forms or one of the many other types of forms.
But how do you add these forms to your WordPress website?
You need a form plugin that will make the process easier.
One such plugin is Kali forms.
In this review by Kali Forms, we'll take a deep dive into the capabilities of this powerful forms plugin. You will learn how to use it to create a contact form and whether this plugin is suitable for you.
What is Kali Forms?
Kali Forms is a WordPress forms plugin that allows you to easily create forms.
There is a free version of the plugin that is ideal for creating simple contact forms.
Then there is a Pro version that unlocks a number of powerful features including:
- Strip integration for creating order forms.
- Integrations with popular email providers like ActiveCampaign and GetResponse so you can build your email list.
- SMS notifications so you can find out about form submissions as soon as possible.
- reCAPTCHA and Akismet integrations so you can effectively block spam form submission.
- Form calculations that you can use to create advanced order forms.
- Multi-page forms make it easier to increase form conversion.
- Conditional logic and extended form fields open up the possibility of further form types.
We'll explore all of these features and more in this review. First, let's look at how to use Kali Forms to create a contact form.
Use of Kali Forms
First, you need to install Kali Forms on your WordPress site. Go to Plugins> Add New In the left sidebar menu, enter "Kali Forms" in the search bar and download and activate the plugin.
After installation, go to Kali Forms> SMTP Settings to make sure you can send emails from your WordPress site using the forms plugin.
Depending on your hosting configuration, you can use the standard WP mailer. However, you will get better email delivery if you enter custom SMTP information or integrate it with a transactional email provider like Mailgun.
Next go to Kali Forms> Add New to go to the One-Click Forms page.
If you want to move quickly while creating a form for your website, choose from the templates here.
Click on See demo First, check if you can use the form. If so, click Getting started.
Next, choose the layout of your form and import the information you want to include in the form.
Then you need to customize the form using the drag and drop builder.
Simply select the fields on the left side of the screen that you want to add by dragging and dropping them onto any area of the form.
To edit the fields, click on the individual fields in the form and make the changes on the left.
After creating the form, click Notifications Tab to edit the message that will be sent to your desired email address when someone fills out the form.
Create as many notifications as you need to make sure the right people are notified through the form.
Finally, you may want to adjust the form's settings before presenting it on your website.
Most of the options are only available to PRO account holders (more on that later). However, unlike most WordPress forms plugins, Kali Forms lets you create payment forms with the free version.
Just enter your PayPal customer ID and the Sandbox customer ID and off you go!
After you've saved the form, all you need to do is embed it on the page you want on your website.
To do this, click on the Embed Click the button at the top right of the screen to copy and paste the shortcode on the page you want it to appear on.
If you're using WordPress Gutenberg, here's how you should embed it in your page's block editor:
And your contact form will be displayed in the front end of your website as follows:
The appearance of the form depends on the selected layout. You can edit it anytime in its form builder.
How to set up the Kali Forms PRO version
So far we've only seen how the free version of Kali Forms works.
Now let's examine what is possible with the premium version of Kali Forms.
Below is a screenshot of the differences between the free and paid plans:
To set up Kali Forms PRO, update your account by selecting one of the paid options. We'll discuss the price for each plan later.
After logging in, download the PRO version plugin from your Kali Forms dashboard.
Next, upload the plugin from your local drive to install it.
Once you are done you must first activate your license by going to Kali Forms> Licensing and follow the instructions there.
After logging into your account, the next page is where you can download the PRO add-ons that you want to use to create forms.
Click the download icon just behind the add-on that you want to make available on your site.
Then scroll down to activate your license.
Below is a brief breakdown of the different add-ons you can use with Kali Forms:
- Kali forms webhooks – Integrate various third-party apps into your contact forms to automate your form process.
- Kali makes payments – In addition to PayPal, collect payments from people using your Stripe account.
- Kali forms Google Analytics – Use Google Analytics to monitor and measure the performance of your forms.
- Kali forms user registrations – Allow people to create login details on your website after completing the form.
- Kali forms digital signature – Create a personalized signature that you can use in your forms.
- Kali forms newsletters – Collect user information and save it in the email marketing platform of your choice where you send your newsletters.
- Kali forms SMS – Receive notifications about your forms on your mobile devices.
- Kali forms slack – Receive notifications from your Slack account to collaborate with your team.
- Kali forms HubSpot – Manage the contacts filling out your form with HubSpot CRM.
- Kali Forms Submissions – Collect data and manage information from people directly from Kali Forms.
To access the features of these add-ons, you need to click Install now to deploy the add-on on your site.
Ideally, you only want to install add-ons that you use with your forms. You don't want to be deploying add-ons for no reason as it will just bloat your website.
From here you can access new fields via the form generator.
For example, after installing the Payments Add-On, I can drag and drop the premium fields onto the form.
By installing the PRO version and the right add-ons, you can now create payment forms that are built into Stripe, allow multiple products, and much more.
Another benefit of the PRO version is that you get access to all of the premium templates.
Below are the following pre-made forms that you can use for your website. These also serve as use cases for the types of forms you can create with Kali Forms:
- GDPR friendly contact form – Add a check box that will let people know about the data you are collecting from the form.
- Art competition – Has a drop-down menu where you can select the type of artwork submitted, as well as an upload function for submitting your work.
- canditature – Asks applicants to answer a few questions and attach their CV to the form.
- Registration of game tournaments – Register ESL teams to participate in your tournament.
- Run calculator form – Allows people to do math for something using your formula.
- Donation form – Fields in PayPal or Stripe donations for your nonprofit organization.
- Request a quote form – Calculates the price based on the services provided to your potential customers.
- Reservation form – Let people make a reservation at your inn, resort, or hotel.
- Gym membership form – Gathers information about your clients in order to find the right fitness program.
- Simple booking form – Allows users to book or schedule your services for a specific time and date. Appointments for which people are reserved are blocked.
- Simple booking form with payment – Similar to a simple booking form, but with payment options via PayPal, Stripe or bank transfer.
- Parcel delivery request – Allows delivery companies to collect sender and recipient information to confirm delivery requests.
Kali Forms pricing
The free version of Kali Forms is ideal for basic use. Ideal if you want to create a simple contact form for your website.
However, e-commerce and business websites would benefit from the PRO version described above.
Its premium functions open up more possibilities. You can build more complex forms, improve conversions, take payments with Stripe, and build your email list.
In the PRO version you can choose from several plans. Each of these comes with 12 months of updates and support.
The Starter Plan ($ 29 for a website) is ideal for solo preneurs and small business owners who want to get the most out of their WordPress forms plugin.
The freelancer Plan ($ 49 for 3 websites) makes sense for people who work for a handful of customer websites and want to help create more complex multi-page forms for their websites.
Unlike the Starter plan, this plan includes the HubSpot and Google Analytics add-ons.
If you are a budding business owner who works with multiple websites, you can't go wrong with the website Small business Plan ($ 69 for 15 locations).
This will give you access to any add-ons that weren't included in the previous plans, such as: B. Webhooks, Stripe Integration, Advanced Ecommerce, and more.
Finally, that Agency Plan ($ 89 for unlimited websites) is perfect for agencies and businesses looking to scale the forms processes of the businesses they manage on a daily basis.
Kali Forms Review: Pros and Cons
This contact form plugin offers the possibility to simplify the creation of WordPress forms and the collection of information.
However, this feeling may not apply to everyone as everyone has a different idea of how "easy" should be.
To help you decide if Kali Forms is actually a breeze, see the pros and cons below.
- The SMTP settings in the plugin make it easy to send and receive emails from the website.
- Useful one-click layouts that allow you to get the look and feel of your forms you want without entering a single line of code.
- Handy templates that you can use right away. Just replace the placeholder text with yours and you'll be up and running in minutes.
- Allows custom installation of extensions and add-ons so that your website isn't bloated with features you don't need.
- Not a Gutenberg block option, but you can just use the shortcode option instead.
Bottom line: is this the form builder for you?
Kali Forms promises to be a powerful and easy-to-use WordPress form plugin. You have definitely kept that promise.
The drag & drop form generator and form templates make it easy to get started. And it has all of the important features you can expect from a leading forms plugin.
With just a few clicks you can create contact forms, lead generation forms, order forms and much more.
The webhooks and integrations let you automate your workflow so that all of the information from people who signed up for your form goes to the right place. You don't have to manually export the data and import it to another platform.
If you're looking for a solid and affordable WordPress forms plugin, you can't go wrong with Kali Forms.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that we may pay a small commission when you make a purchase.